February 9, 2011

Bucks turn to Bush with early offer



   Follow Noon on Twitter | Ari on Twitter



Ohio State made a big splash in South Florida in the 2011 class by landing three highly regarded prospects from the area. The Buckeyes are back at it again for the 2012 class as they have extended an offer to Miami (Fla.) Columbus defensive back Deon Bush. The Ohio State offer capped off a big day for the 6-foot-1, 180-pound safety who pulled in a total of four scholarship offers on Tuesday from some of college football's top programs.



"It was a sense of pride," said Bush, about his reaction to the Ohio State offer. "(The offers) have just been rolling in like crazy. Florida had offered me a scholarship and before that it was (Florida State) so it's just been crazy today, Boston College (also offered)."



The Ohio State offer caught Bush a little bit by surprise as he had not been previously aware of their interest. The talented safety now hopes to make a trip to Columbus at some point.



"I'm definitely going to try to get up there (to Columbus (Ohio))," he said.



Though he's not overly familiar with the Ohio State program, Bush does know a few of the Buckeyes' incoming freshmen.



"I know two of their incoming freshman right now, Jeremy Cash and Ryan Shazier," Bush said.



The surge of offers comes on the heels of an outstanding performance by Bush at the South Florida Express 7-on-7 tryouts.



"It was great," said Bush of the camp. "There was a lot of talent and top players from around the county. I did well out there. I've been working hard and I really have the confidence that nobody out there is working harder than me. I came out there with the mindset that I was going to dominate everything in front of me."



Bush is coming off a strong junior season in which he was a second team all-county selection, an impressive accomplishment given the reputation of South Florida football. With that being said, Bush isn't satisfied and is looking to do much bigger things this fall.



"I could have had a way better season, but I'm putting that behind me," he explained. "I'm trying to be the top player in the nation next year. That's my goal right now."



After doubling his offer list in just one day, Bush now has a lot to think about and he plans to take things slow at the moment before eventually trimming his list down.



"It's just really hard to think about right now," Bush explained. "I'm going to start thinking about the schools and breaking them down into a top five but for now I'm just going to go with the flow right now and see what's happening."







[rl]





...More... To continue reading this article you must be a member. Sign Up Now!